Rasmussen University – NUR2063: Essentials of Pathophysiology
Title of Assignment:
Module 05 Written Assignment – Sexually Transmitted Infections
Health care providers must be aware of the issues related to sexually transmitted infections. This recent news release from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
· Determine pathophysiologic alterations that affect the reproductive and endocrine systems.
Review information in your assigned readings to work on the assignment. The website below also has a variety of information to support your readings for the week.
Select a sexually transmitted infection (STI) and do research on it. Write a 3-5 page paper about the condition/issue. In the paper discuss the concepts below:
· What is the pathophysiology of one STI
· What is the etiology of the selected STI
· What are the clinical manifestations of the selected STI
· What is the treatment for the selected STI
Use at least one scholarly source to support your findings. Examples of scholarly sources include academic journals, textbooks, reference texts, and CINAHL nursing guides. Be sure to cite your sources in-text and on a References page using APA format.
I do not accept information obtained from web sites , as these sites have not been vetted or peer reviewed.