To demonstrate understanding of creating a therapeutic and safe environment for a suicidal client.
This assignment will use a word document to create a policy outline. Clearly identify sections of the policy based upon the listed expectations.
You are working on a newly opened observation unit in the hospital. Recently there has been an overflow of suicidal clients awaiting placement at the psychiatric facility. The staff recognizes there is not a fully developed policy on how to safely care for a suicidal client. Working together with case management and other staff nurses, you have been asked to create policy recommendations. Your recommendations should include:
· How to create a safe environment
· Considerations or actions needed when a client is admitted or discharged
· Considerations or actions during the client’s admission (length of stay)
· Identify allowable and restricted personal items for the client
· Expectations of client monitoring
· Describe the requirements of how the client is to be monitored, how often, and by whom.
· Nursing Considerations
· Expectations of nursing interactions when dealing with suicidal client
· Required documentation expectations
· Describe the roles of CNA, LPN, RN
· Standard American English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.)
· Logical, original and insightful
· Professional organization, style, and mechanics in APA format
· Submit document through Grammarly to correct errors before submission.